- Hungarian Aladar Gerevich won medals in 6 consecutive Olympic games.
- Romanian gymnast Nadia Comaneci scored perfect 10’s seven times at the 1976-Montreal games.
- The first games to be televised were the 1936 Berlin Games.
- Holland’s “Fanny” Blankers-Koen won 4 gold medals in track and field at the 1948 London Games. Fanny was 30 years old and the mother of 2 at the time.
- Ethiopian marathoner Abebe Bikila was the first man to successfully defend the marathon title. (1960 and 1964). He only wore shoes for the second victory.
- More athletes than spectators attended the 1900-Paris Games. (more…)
Archive for May, 2008
Fun Facts about China/Zhongguo, inlcuding trivia about China hosting the 2008 Olympics.
Complete with links to sites offering information for tourist and visitors of China and Olympic spectators! Some of them are:
- China Olympcis | Beijing Tourist Travel Information
- Zhongguo Olympcis | Beijing Tourist Travel Information
- LiJiang YunNan | China Tourist Information
- NanJing JiangSu | China Tourist Information
- NingBo ZheJiang | China Tourist Information
- PanZhiHua SiChuan | China Tourist Information
- PingYao ShanXi | China Tourist Information
- Beibei the fish, Jingjing the panda, Huanhuan the Olympic flame, Yingying the Tibetan antelope, and Nini the swallow are the official Mascot of the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
- And when you take out the first sylables of thier names, it would become “BeiJing HuanYing Ni”, meaning: “Beijing Welcomes You”
- No Spitting
- China is still trying to suppress spitting in Urban Cities! Spitting is a rural practice around China and chinese spit loudly! It is even considered a sport in rural chinese areas.
- Ketchup originated in China as a pickled fish sauce called ke-tsiap.
- Trouble in China is symbolized by 2 women living together under 1 roof (more…)
I am your Brother!
Name: Renaldo Lapuz
Birthdate: December 18, 1962
Address: Reno, Nevada
Ethnicity: Americanized Filipino
Migrated: August 6, 2004
Work Place: Wal-Mart Reno
Hit Single: We’re Brothers Forever
I am your brother
Your best friend forever
Singing the songs
The music that you love
We’re brothers ’til the end of time
Together or not
You’re always in my heart
Your hurting feelings in you
Will reign no more.
(I love you brother)
Posted in Interesting, Interesting Sites, tagged beauty, bikes, boats, business, cars, decoration, entertainment, events, fashion, food, gifts, health, healthcare, home, hotels, jewelry, lifestyle, music, nightlife, NingBo, PanZhiHua SiChuan China Tourist Information, public serivces, real estate, resorts, restaurants, souvenirs, Sports, tourist attractions, Tourist Information, transport, ZheJiang on May 5, 2008| 2 Comments »
Tourist information about the City of NingBo ZheJiang China.
Gifts, restaurants, services and tourist attractions in and around NingBo.
This “12NingBo-website” is made to address the specific individual needs of each viewer, with tourist information and specially created to provide a stylish overview of a luxury, world class and finest shops, suppliers and the most distinguish attractions within the country of China and especially in the city of NingBo ZheJiang.
The homepage of the City of NingBo is being divided into ten special categories of products, professional services and tourist information; to be found on an extended list, after one click on the buttons ‘more…‘
You may find for NingBo the following categories:
Gifts and Souvenirs;
Good Food and Restaurants;
Cars, Boats and Bikes;
Home Decorating, Fashion and Jewelry;
Music, Entertainment and Nightlife;
Tourist Attractions and Events;
Business and Public Services;
Real Estate, Hotel and Resort;
Health and Health Care;
Lifestyle, Sport and Beauty.
But also links to general websites about other related subjects: All about the Olympics and the Olympic Games, All About Golf, Information About Us, A Local Language Guide, The World Time, All About Airlines, The City Map of NingBo , Local Newspaper and Emergency Numbers. (more…)
Posted in Interesting, Interesting Sites, Space, tagged aldebaran, antares, arcturus, betelguese, perpective, pollux, rigel, sirius, size compare, solar system, Space, stars, sun, yellow sun on May 3, 2008| Leave a Comment »