- Hungarian Aladar Gerevich won medals in 6 consecutive Olympic games.
- Romanian gymnast Nadia Comaneci scored perfect 10’s seven times at the 1976-Montreal games.
- The first games to be televised were the 1936 Berlin Games.
- Holland’s “Fanny” Blankers-Koen won 4 gold medals in track and field at the 1948 London Games. Fanny was 30 years old and the mother of 2 at the time.
- Ethiopian marathoner Abebe Bikila was the first man to successfully defend the marathon title. (1960 and 1964). He only wore shoes for the second victory.
- More athletes than spectators attended the 1900-Paris Games. (more…)
Read Full Post »