Posted in Humor / Kataw-anan, Interesting, Interesting Sites, tagged China, Facts, Fun, funny, Lijiang, Nanjing, NingBo, Olympics, Panzhihua, Trivia, Zhonggou on May 21, 2008|
14 Comments »
Fun Facts about China/Zhongguo, inlcuding trivia about China hosting the 2008 Olympics.
Complete with links to sites offering information for tourist and visitors of China and Olympic spectators! Some of them are:
- Beibei the fish, Jingjing the panda, Huanhuan the Olympic flame, Yingying the Tibetan antelope, and Nini the swallow are the official Mascot of the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
- And when you take out the first sylables of thier names, it would become “BeiJing HuanYing Ni”, meaning: “Beijing Welcomes You”
- No Spitting
- China is still trying to suppress spitting in Urban Cities! Spitting is a rural practice around China and chinese spit loudly! It is even considered a sport in rural chinese areas.
- Ketchup originated in China as a pickled fish sauce called ke-tsiap.
- Trouble in China is symbolized by 2 women living together under 1 roof (more…)
Read Full Post »